Re: ALSA dsnoop and RAT (Robust Audio Tool)

Dear Ушаков,

Am Mittwoch, den 03.03.2010, 13:40 +0300 schrieb Ушаков Андрей:
> I got a RAT (Robust Audio Tool) application and try to make works many
> instances of it properly. There is a my configuration:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e6185615279fc6dec5bbc81336ec6d346b9d0a9d (its default)
>
> By default I can start two or more instances of RAT, but sound from
> microphone is ugly (have a lot of jamming and interference) in this
> application

also if you are just running one RAT instance?

> (in arecord and aplay sound is perfect).

Did you try `arecord` with the dsnoop device?

> I waste some time and found a problem. Problem is RAT cannot work
> properly with dsnoop plugin. I go to the my card
> config /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf and just change dsnoop
> plugin to hw:

[…]

> Sound from mic become perfect everywhere but I cant start many
> instances of RAT any more. Looks like without dsnoop capture device
> become used monopoly by first instance of RAT so second instances of
> application cannot use it. My question is how to make works many
> instances of this application (or share default capture device if you
> like) without dsnoop. dshare plugin cannot work with capture so I
> looking for another way.

Did you try to use a sound server like PulseAudio?

> Also I try to change default settings for dsnoop many times, it helps
> only time for time and not for long but I need stable solution.

Could you please rephrase this sentence. I did not get its meaning? What
did you change and what were the differences.

Thanks,

Paul