Re: M-Audio Delta 66 Not working and cannot load modules after compile

Okay,

I got the modules to load, somewhat. I followed the steps on this page:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/200338/comments/73

I was then able to load snd and snd-ice1712 successfully. I could even
go into alsamixer and mess with some settings. Then I rebooted... Then
it stopped working again. It turns out that the make install for
alsa-driver source package was installing the files into the
/lib/modules/.../kernel/sound/ directory. That's fine, but when I
rebooted, the system would move that directory to
/lib/modules/.../ubuntu/sound/ directory. Thus, when the modules were
looking for stuff under .../kernel/sound, they could not find it. So, I
put the soundcore.ko back in the .../kernel/sound/ directory, it
worked!! Rebooted, it failed!!! I had to configure the compile with
--with-moddir=.../ubuntu/sound/. Then it installed files to the right
place, I could load the modules, I was happy... then I rebooted. Now, I
can modprobe snd, and it works. When I try to modprobe snd-ice1712, it
fails with:

sudo modprobe snd-ice1712
WARNING: Error inserting snd_ac97_codec
(/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/ubuntu/sound/pci/ac97/snd-ac97-codec.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting snd_ice1712
(/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/ubuntu/sound/pci/ice1712/snd-ice1712.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

One of the files created from the page above was ac97_bus.ko. I assume
this file is the one giving me problems. Is soundcore.ko looking for
this file in .../kernel/sound? Please help.

John