Re: M-Audio Delta 66 Not working and cannot load modules after compile

> (/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/acore/seq/snd-seq-device.ko):

there's your problem....

Alsa from source will likely install to:
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound/

Which means you likely have two versions:
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/ubuntu/sound/

find /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ -iname '*snd-*.*o'

depmod -ae will pick up both version.  You probably need to remove one version to get it to work.  Then rerun depmod.

I'm not sure if soundcore.ko is alsa, or the kernel.  In days of old it was part of OSS, or so I thought.  It might just be easier to do a custom kernel.  With alsa compiled over it.  That way there's not multiple versions / locations.  As the path assumptions would match.

HTH,
James