From: Vedran Miletić [mailto:rivanvx@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 12:54 PM
To: Eric T. Barnett
Cc: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Need SPDIF out asound.conf for CMI8768

I have no idea how to do it within the config file. You can google for
that. But first check that it works when you use mplayer:
mplayer -ao alsa:device=hw=0.2 blah.mp3
You might need to resample to 48K, not sure about it:
mplayer -srate 48000 -ao alsa:device=hw=0.2 blah.mp3
If this still doesn't work, try plughw (wiht or without resampling):
mplayer -srate 48000 -ao alsa:device=plughw=0.2 blah.mp3