Re: MiaMIDI & alsa in Ubuntu 8.04.1

Henry W. Peters wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>
> Thanks for re-reply...  & information. I will check out the leads.
> One note; MiaMIDI is a PCI card, not a USB. I tried some USB audio/midi
> devices & couldn't get them to work with my setup in Windows XP, the MM
> card works well & is fairly flexible & hi res for an inexpensive
> audio/midi i/o... especially my Yamaha 01v mixer.
>
> I may be back, one way or th'other.   I.e.;   :)  or :(   .  :)
>
> Henry

Could you run a script which provides more information about your
sound setup and post the link back here?

The script is found at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

You can run the script so the results occur locally, by specifying the
   ---no-upload   option.

alsa-info.sh --no-upload

You would then paste the output into your email instead of providing a
link.

This does a scan of your system for sound related information.  It
helps with diagnosis.  There might be something obvious that it shows.