Re: no sound with SondBlast PCI (ens1371)

On 29-07-08 20:56, Rene Herman wrote:

> Here's the next attempt. Again applies to a virgin (2.6.26) ens1370.c.
> If it's easier, the entire file as it should now look after this patch
> is at:
>
> http://members.home.nl/rene.herman/ens1371/ens1370-src-delay.c

While attempting to grok what could've gone wrong there, I just replaced
that file with a gzipped copy:

http://members.home.nl/rene.herman/ens1371/ens1370-src-delay.c.gz

Perhaps the plain .c file had DOS line-breaks and/or other strange stuff
in it after you downloaded it which gave you a problem soemwhere and a
manual fixup did some damage. Or something. The problem you saw was in
the driver, so... <insert smilie-face of confused person here>

I don't know. I just detest that this thing is still not working.

> Rename it to plain "ens1370.c" and just copy it over the ens1370.c you
> are compiling.
>
> If this does not work, I noticed another difference in the OSS driver
> but that one looks like a plain bug in it so let's try this one first.

Rene.