Re: no sound with SondBlast PCI (ens1371)

On 19-07-08 17:02, Media Fan wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your help, Stan. Sorry for my late reply. I'll pay
> attention to that thread.

That one just ended. I wasn't paying attention to this one due to the
fact that halfway in you reported that it worked but I see it's the
exact same issue. Also an EV1938.

It's a problem with communication between the ENS1371 part and the AC97
part -- like in that other thread, you also get varying IDs (0x00008384
and 0xffff8384; it _should_ likely be 0x83847605) and what I find very
interesting is that it worked for you once. This can certainly happen if
the problem is timing related.

Are you capable of testing patches? (ie, applying them, recompiling the
driver, re-installing, reloading, ...)

And the first thing I'd try would likely be putting the machine under
some sort of massive load while loading the driver... :-/

Rene.