Re: no sound with SondBlast PCI (ens1371)

Media Fan wrote:
> hi,
>
> I installed FC9, but there's no sound. The sound card is Creative
> SoundBlast PCI (ens1371). The sound module is ALSA. The ALSA module
> reports it has detected the card, and everything seems ok, but there's
> no sound.
>
> Attached below two diagnostic files, one from alsa-info, another from
> 'aadebug' from ALSA web.
>
> Btw, I tried a few solutions from FC/ALSA/google, but seems they're
> not work :-(
> Thanks in adv,

Did you try aplay -v -D plughw:0,0  some.wav  ?  What were the results?

You should set up a modprobe.conf file.  As root, use an editor to
create the file /etc/modprobe.conf and put
these lines in it.  Might make no difference, but might help.

alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1371
options snd-ens1371 index=0