Re: is this card supported by ALSA?

> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 03:11:05 +0200
> From: rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: b3zdomny@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: is this card supported by ALSA?
>
> On 11-07-08 03:01, Landis McGauhey wrote:
>
> > Success! I'm listening to Crosby, Stills & Nash on xmms. Thanks,
> > Rene!
>
> Hope it's "Daylight Again". Love that album...
>
> But, you're not done yet! This was basically just debugging. The fact
> that you now hear sound means that we should be able to get the ALSA
> driver going though so that's great. Good work testing!
>
> I'll look into it and will get back to you. Hope it'll be quickly, but
> can't guarantee.
>
> If you need this OSS workaround solution for a longer time, adding
> "blacklist snd-ens1371" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist may be all you need
> to have the OSS es1371 driver load automatically at boot, after which
> you can use sound applications through OSS as now.
>
> Rene.

Thanks again, Rene.  I'm really glad to hear your prognosis that we should be able to get ALSA going.  Looking forward to your guidance so we can bring that about.  Also, you might find it important that attempting to play back microphone recordings in gnome sound recorder errs out with "could not open audio device for playback".  And all Pulse applications err out with "failure:  connection refused."  I'm going to try to google some solutions to these issues and meanwhile I indeed will blacklist snd-ens1371.

Best regards,

Landis

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.