Re: ESS 1688

On 25-02-08 00:17, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> This old laptop is running debian stable and has very little free
> diskspace, but I think I can use another box with more free diskspace and
> get the kernel sources for debian unstable and try your patch against
> them. I'm downloading them now, but I won't have time to try this until
> tomorrow evening.

No rush and it should work it seems. No way really other than you compiling
and installing the patched driver to get it to you though...

>> With respect to the duplex issue -- there seem to be no docs for 688 and
>> 1688 which is a bit of a problem.
>
> OK.

I'm by now convinced that the ES1688 is not full-duplex. The product brief
available from the ALSA documentation archive says so but it's the only
piece of documentation I found that does. Everything else, including ESS own
FAQ, say the 1688 (a 688 with an integrated OPL3) is just half-duplex and
ESS own Windows drivers for 1688 confirm this as well.

Rene.