Re: ESS 1688

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 02:23:38PM +0100, Rene Herman wrote:
> On 24-02-08 10:50, Rene Herman wrote:
>
> >Not yet, but I confirm the bug. I'll try and see of I can locate
> >anything. No ETA available.
>
> Can you try if applying the attached makes things work as you'd expect with
> respect to the recording levels? Over here it seems to, although I get the
> feeling we might as well rename the control "Distortion Levels" as keeping
> it at 0 is the only sensible thing.
>
> Even if this works, it's not a final fix, just to confirm. Given that you
> posted to alsa-user... if you're not setup to apply this patch (to any semi
> recent source) and recompile the driver I hope someone can help.

This old laptop is running debian stable and has very little free
diskspace, but I think I can use another box with more free diskspace
and get the kernel sources for debian unstable and try your patch
against them. I'm downloading them now, but I won't have time to try
this until tomorrow evening.

> With respect to the duplex issue -- there seem to be no docs for 688 and
> 1688 which is a bit of a problem.

OK.

Thanks for your rapid response.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?