Re: Weird microphone issue

> High-Z
> 3.7 V
> 2.25 V
> 0 V
> I have no idea what does the first one means. Does it provides any voltage?

Not sure about the voltage.  But things like electric guitar need high-Z (high impedence).  In the Mega Ohms.  As opposed to your standard microphone preamp that only has a few Kilo Ohms of impedence.  If that much.  I've never seen selectable voltage on any of my cards.  Not that anything sold at WalMart would have that.

The DC bias on the old SB cards was about 5V iirc.  The GS battery box I formerly linked to provices 9V, which supposedly brings the input level up to line level.  For those of us who have cards with no voltage.

HTH