Re: Mixer problem with cmipci

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Fired up an alsaplayer to play some FLAC. Switched on "Four Channel
> Mode" for a test, which nicely adds sound to the rear left/right
> outputs.
>
> After the FLAC ended, I fired up speaker-test again (and of course
> switched off "Four Channel Mode".)  This time, it's different than
> before: front center/LFE, front left/right and side left/right are
> okay, but rear right/left are highly distorted.

It appears that the last sample played in stereo mode gets added to all
rear samples.  The distortion does not appear when the last stereo file
ended with silence.

I added a workaround to the driver to play a few silence samples after
a stream has been stopped.  Get the Hg version, or wait for
alsa-driver-1.0.15rc3.

HTH
Clemens