Re: Mixer problem with cmipci

On Tue, 2007-08-28 08:28:39 +0200, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > >
> > > Try disabling this one.  This setting causes the SPDIF input to be
> > > copied to the analog output; apparently, this disables any other
> > > output.
> >
> > jbglaw@d2:~$ amixer cset numid=35 off
> > numid=35,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 In Monitor'
> >   ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
> >   : values=on
> >
> > Seems it cannot change this control's value?
>
> Strange.  Please show the contents of /proc/asounc/card0/cmipci.

Since I just bought that card and never tested it somewhere else:
Could this just be a hardware problem / defect?  From a look at the
driver's sources, it seems that this mixer element directly maps to
the low bit of CM_REG_MIXER1.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx              +49-172-7608481
Signature of: They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,