Re: Mixer problem with cmipci

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-28 08:28:39 +0200, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>> > jbglaw@d2:~$ amixer cset numid=35 off
>> > numid=35,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 In Monitor'
>> >   ; type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1
>> >   : values=on
>> >
>> > Seems it cannot change this control's value?
>>
>> Strange.  Please show the contents of /proc/asounc/card0/cmipci.
>
> Since I just bought that card and never tested it somewhere else:
> Could this just be a hardware problem / defect?  From a look at the
> driver's sources, it seems that this mixer element directly maps to
> the low bit of CM_REG_MIXER1.

Indeed.  (This is why I asked for the cmipci file and not the cards
file, to see how the mixer control affects this bit in register 0x24.)

Please unload the snd-cmipci module, then remove (or rename) the
/etc/asound.state file, then reboot.  This should reset the card without
changing this mixer control.  If it is still set (and stuck), then it
looks like some hardware problem.  (It would still be a good idea to
test with the Windows driver.)

Regards,
Clemens