Re: K7VT4APro board (VT8233) - volume doesn't change when using "master" volume

Lee Revell schrieb:
> On 3/16/07, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> $ cat .asoundrc
>> pcm.softvol {
>>      type            softvol
>>      slave {
>>          pcm         "default"
>>      }
>>      control {
>>          name        "testdevice"
>>          card        0
>>      }
>> }
>>

>> pcm.!default {
>>      type             plug
>>      slave.pcm       "softvol"
>
> This can't work - you make "softvol" the slave of "default" PCM and
> "default" the slave of "softvol" PCM.  IOW it's a circular definition.

Well, I merely followed the fine instructions provided in ALSA wiki on
http://alsa.opensrc.org/How_to_use_softvol_to_control_the_master_volume :)

Could anyone clear up the subject a bit, so that a person who didn't
write that guide could understand it, too? :)

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org