Re: MythTV/cedega default s/pdif - everything else default analog out stereo

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 23:19 +1100, Allan Klinbail wrote:
> What I want to do to make this easy is set it up so MythTV defaults to
> the S/Pdif only for video on the MB and everything else defaults to
> analog out either from the MB but more likely from a second low latency
> card for everything else. So my ideal setup is that video and game
> (cedega) feeds go to the SPDIF to a 5.1 DTS/AC3 amp and everything else
> goes to a stereo amp.

The Alsa-user list probably isn't the best place for this question,
since it's application-specific. If the current default Alsa output
isn't where you want it, set the default device as in the documentation.
Then, set each application to use a specific device if it shouldn't use
the default. In the "General" settings section of mythfrontend, set the
audio output device to "ALSA:spdif" and enable AC3 and DTS passthrough.

Unfortunately, the Mythmusic plugin doesn't seem to have a separate
audio device setting. You may want to scrounge the MythTV documentation,
wiki, and mailing list. BTW, I have been using Mythmusic (I have all
sound going through the optical link to the amp), but I'm probably going
to switch to something like MPD for better control and more features,
while keeping MythTV for TV and movies.

Jonathan Rogers