Re: XFS/LVM/Multipath on a single RAID volume

Le Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:04:35 -0500
Dave Hall <kdhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> The new hardware is an Infortrend with 16 x 2TB 6Gbps SAS drives.  It
> has one controller with dual 6Gbps SAS ports.  The server currently
> has two 3Gbps SAS HBAs.

On my experience with these kinds of controllers, they perform quite
poorly with more than 1 RAID-6 array. I'd go for a single RAID-6
array. Then as you said you'll have to do multipath LVM to create two
LVs to stripe together to use both your HBAs and get some more
performance.

However with only 16 7k RPM drives you can't hope much more than 1.5
GByte/s, which is achievable with only one 3Gb SAS HBA...