Re: xfs_fsr, sunit, and swidth

On 3/25/2013 12:00 PM, Dave Hall wrote:
> On 03/16/2013 03:21 AM, Dave Chinner wrote:
>> Using perf to profile the kernel while the cp -al workload is
>> running will tell use exactly where the CPU is being burnt. That
>> will confirm the analysis, or point us at some other issue that is
>> causing excessive CPU burn...
>>
> Dave,  which perf command(s) would you like me to run.  (I'm familiar
> with the concept behind this kind of tool, but I haven't worked with
> this one before).

I'll let Dave answer this one.

> Also, what would you like me to do with the xfs_db freesp output for 26
> agroups?

A pastebin link should be fine.  Only a couple of people will be looking
at it.  I don't see value in free space maps of 26 AGs being archived.

FWIW, it's probably best to reply-all instead of just to the list.
Sometimes posts get lost in the noise.  Not sure if that's the case
here, but it's been a couple of days with no response from Dave C, and
the answers to these questions are very short.  Thus I'm guessing he
missed your post, so I'm CC'ing him here.

--
Stan