Re: definitions for /proc/fs/xfs/stat

Hey Dave,

----- Original Message -----
> Must be an old version of RHEL6, because 6.4 doesn't do any IO at
> all, same as upstream. This test workload is purely a metadata only
> workload (no data is written) and so it all gets gathered up by
> delayed logging.

*nod* - RHEL6.3.

> > I think it is still possible, FWIW.  One could use python ctypes (as in
> > Marks test program) and achieve a page-aligned POSIX memalign,
>
> I wasn't aware you could get memalign() through python at all. I
> went looking for this exact solution a couple of month ago when
> these problems started to be reported and couldn't find anything

Yes, on reflection it doesn't jive too well with the way python wants
to do reads, in particular - os.read takes a file and a size, there's
no buffer exposed at the API level (for input).

It would need to be a separate python module to the core set I guess
(with a C component), and a slightly different API - or at least some
additional APIs which can take in an aligned buffer, rather than just
allocating one each time - but I believe it's still feasible.

cheers.

--
Nathan