Re: definitions for /proc/fs/xfs/stat

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 01:41:50AM -0400, Nathan Scott wrote:
> Hey Dave,

Oh, there were modules written to do this years ago. e.g this from
2006:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/directio/1.0

There were even patches to provide a native interface in 2004, but
they got shot down, like all the future enhancement requests that
have happened since, mainly because the python maintainers don't
beleive that Direct IO is necessary.

I mean, Linus said Direct IO is for deranged monkeys, so nobody
should ever use direct IO, right? ;)

Cheers,

Dave.
--