Re: XFS errors on large Infiniband fileserver setup

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 01:52:46PM +0200, Christian Herzog wrote:
> > Btw, what target do you use?  According to
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-stgt/msg02038.html it seems like the
> > stgt iser target has some issues that look quite similar to yours.
> we're using tgt which might have a similar problem.

tgt and stgt is actually one and the same - the name is used a little
bit inconsistently.

> As even IB over TCP is several times faster than our disks, we will now
> proceed w/o iSER to have the system running and then experiment with
> iSER on a test system.

At least for NFS using RDMA natively mostly affects CPU usage and not
throughput, so if you have some CPU cycles to spare it might not make
much of a difference.