Re: XFS errors on large Infiniband fileserver setup

> Yes, that could very well possible.  While I'm not an expert on iSER it
> looks like it doesn't use the software crc32c checksums in iscsi over
> TCP but relies on the RDMA protocols guaranteeing it.
that would explain quite a lot actually. Thanks for the hint.

> Btw, what target do you use?  According to
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-stgt/msg02038.html it seems like the
> stgt iser target has some issues that look quite similar to yours.
we're using tgt which might have a similar problem.

As even IB over TCP is several times faster than our disks, we will now
proceed w/o iSER to have the system running and then experiment with
iSER on a test system.

thanks,
-Christian