RE: High latencies writing to a memory mapped file

>> Matthias Schniedermeyer put forth on 7/27/2010 4:24 AM:
>>
>> > We have a linux-computer with samba to act as a fileserver
>for a few
>> > Windows-Clients and ever since kernel 2.6.26 (Never
>happend with 2.6.25)
>> > the server randomly "hangs" for a few seconds (Which is more of a
>> > problem that drives people crazy).

The server hangs, or the connections to samba do? I've found that samba
is given a ridiculously low IO priority so that any IO on the server
will pretty much cause it to stall -- be it updating locate, a backup
job, etc.

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the intended recipient only.  Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication and any copies immediately.  Thank you.
http://www.encana.com