Re: Xv doesn't work any more

Greg Stark <gsstark@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Mark Vojkovich <mvojkovi@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> I think I may have a culprit. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. But after
> restarting X and having the overlay working it only failed after I played
> quake.
>
> I run two X servers, my main one on vt8 with three monitors including one at
> 1920x1440, and a low memory one on vt7 with the one monitor at 800x600. The
> latter has DRI enabled but the former does not.

So it seems the overlay based Xv only ever works on one or the other X server.
And which one it works on is more or less random.

So I've been trying out TexturedVideo instead. This has been working fine, but
now I have a problem: All the videos are playing in green only. It seems the
red and blue channels are simply zeroed out.

Again this started after switching X servers and playing quake in the other X
server. It seems like switching virtual terminals doesn't quite reset the
video card to the proper state. Both the overlay and the texture engine seem
to lose some state.

--
greg