Q: Sun GH18PS LCD config settings?

Folks--

I have a Sun 18" LCD (GH18PS, appears to be a re-
badged Samsung) attached to my Sun Blade 100.
I just installed OpenBSD, and am trying to get XFree86
configured.

I actually have X running, but I can't seem to find the
correct hori/vert sync and resolution to get the LCD to
play nice.  I have tried the ranges listed on the Sun
Handbook site, in the documentation for the LCD, and
even the numbers reported by the "information menu"
on the on-screen display of the LCD itself.  All I get is a
black display with the unsupported sync notice on the
LCD (X is running as I see X, my window manager, etc, w/
'ps' from a remote session).  The display looks fine on the
"stock" 'sun' console/text mode.

The graphic interface is the on-board ATI, and I am using
the barebones config file from the README, with the
exception of the monitor configuration.

Google has been less than revealing.

Would anyone who happens to have a working XFree86
config for this LCD please kick it my direction?  Other
clues and clue bats happily entertained as well.

Thanks in advance--
=V=