Re: Xv doesn't work any more

Mark Vojkovich <mvojkovi@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Greg Stark wrote:
>
> > Once upon a time Xv worked well and mplayer was happy. Now I seem to have a
> > problem. Xv works when I first start X up and I can play movies in mplayer
> > full screen at full speed. But soon it stops working. I just get a blank blue
> > window. Once it stops working it never starts again.
>
>    That sounds like a driver issue.  You might want to look through
> the cvs history for suspicious changes.  This one looks suspicious:

I think I may have a culprit. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. But after
restarting X and having the overlay working it only failed after I played
quake.

I run two X servers, my main one on vt8 with three monitors including one at
1920x1440, and a low memory one on vt7 with the one monitor at 800x600. The
latter has DRI enabled but the former does not.

I was able to switch between them and use the overlay on either one without
problems, the overlay worked on both X servers. It was only when I played
quake, and only when I played it for an extended period of time that the
overlay stopped working on the main X server.

The weird thing is that it still works fine on the 800x600 DRI-enabled X
server. But I just get a blue window on the main X server.

--
greg