Re: Newbie with graphics problem under VirtualPC2004

Thanks Andy,

that was the key combo I was trying to remember from the last time I installed a Red Hat distribution (about 2 years ago). Ctrl-Alt-BKSp does work for two secons going into text-mode login but then jums right back into graphics mode. A good thing is that the first screen (could be a welcome screen) is bypassed and you are asked to log in. As I log in as root, the system authenticates me and I'm entered into root's environment. But I'm still in graphics(blurred/broken) mode and I don't know/can't seee how to open a terminal window to access XFsetup or edit the config file directly. If I hit Ctrl-Alt-BKSp again, the system goes back to text-mode log in for two secs and then loads graphics mode and waits for me to log in, starting the whole thing over again...