Re: backingstore in 4.4.0

   This isn't surprising.  Backingstore doesn't guarantee that
you won't get expose events.  It merely attempts to reduce them
by saving occluded bits.  When the server switches away to another
VT everything in the framebuffer is lost.  Backing store allowed
it to recover the occluded bits that it saved earlier.  I believe
this is the expected behavior.  People didn't have VT switches back
when backing store was designed.

			Mark.