backingstore in 4.4.0

Hello,
  I noticed a problem maybe related to backingstore option with the
release 4.4.0. My XF86Config-4 looks like:
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic Video Card"
        Driver          "i810"
#       BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
        VideoRam        65536
        Option          "BackingStore"   "true"
        Option          "DisplayInfo"    "FALSE"
EndSection

I have the "famous" i855GM chip, so I had to introduce the displayinfo
option as already mentioned in several posts in this list.

The backingstore itself works well, i.e. if a graphical window hides below
some other one it still keeps its content, but when switching back to
the text console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and back, the content is lost. What's funny
is that the content is actually preserved in the part of the window which
was overlapped, the rest (that was on the top when switching there and
back) gets empty.

Maybe the option DisplayInfo "false" has some influence ? I checked with
xdpyinfo and I got as usual:

Thanks a lot for any hint,

best regards
           Tomas