Xfree86 and EloTouch USB Touchscreen

If anyone is going to install any (I)PC with a touchscreen manufactured by EloTOuch Systems *and* the touchscreen is connected via USB I highly recommend not buying this machine.
Elotouch is suppling a beta driver for USB touch devices, which obviously never ever worked. I was i contact with Elotouch Germany for over 2 weeks, and they were not able to get any feedback from the development guy in the usa. Neither emails nor phonecalls made this guy react in any way. So after 2 weeks I give up, asked the PC manufacturer to change the USB inteface to a serial one. I'm planning to use the EloTouch driver supplied with the XFree86 distribution.
So *DONT* buy EloTouch touchscreens with USB interface, unless you wan't to get into really deep trouble.

regards

--
Gerhard Hintermayer
http://www.inode.at/g.hintermayer