Re: DRI compilation errors

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 07:14:46PM -0600, Patrick Dohman wrote:
> Don't get me wrong I appreciate the help!
>
> Why do both the DRI user guide
> http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/DRIuserguide.html
> & the dri compilation guide
> http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/DRIcompile.html
> indicate that it is not necessary to install mesa separately.
>
> >From the user guide     * You DO NOT need to install Mesa separately.
> The parts of Mesa needed for hardware acceleration are already in the
> XFree86/DRI project.
>
> >From the compilation guide  * There is no need to download or install
> the Mesa source files separately.
>
> Do they need to change this?

You don't need to install Mesa separately.  You do need a Mesa tree from
the DRI project, however.  That is what the DRI XFree86 tree is looking
for when it builds.  Both DRI Mesa and DRI XFree86 are available from
the DRI cvs server; Mesa is under /cvs/mesa in the 'Mesa' module and
XFree86 is under /cvs/dri in the 'xc' module.

The documentation could be a little more clear on the procedure to
bootstrap from CVS.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>