Re: Re: Upgrading XFree 86 to 4.3.0

Hello again...

Well, I think I should thank you for your reply, but I'd nervetheless like
to point out the fact that in the first line of my message I clearly stated
that I'm new to Linux and that a reply in the form of "Essentially, you edit
the spec file, twiddle the build_xxxx macros, modify Release: field to
indicate it is an 8.0 custom build, ie: by adding ".80.custom.0" to the end
of the existing Release: field.  Then rebuild, and you'll get dependancy
failures.  Rebuild each dependancy from RHL 9 or FC1 src.rpms, and install
each dep.  Eventually you'll get all of the 3-5 deps figured out, and can
build the XFree86 rpm for RHL 8.0." is something of which most Linux newbies
can't make heads or tails. Besides this, I noticed that this mailing list
gets spammed over and over again with non-XFree86 related material, so I
think it's time for me to quit.

Regards,

Danny.