Re: Can't get a 7-button mouse setup correctly.

Hi Owen,

I use Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer successfully with X 4.3.0. The
section in XF86Config is not enough to get it working. First problem is
that wheel stops working as it's now remapped to buttons 6 and 7 and
applications expect 4 and 5.

To correct this you need to execute:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5" - best as a part of a X startup
script.

Now wheel works fine but if you want to get use of other buttons you
have to use imwheel. I include my imwheelrc that I use for KDE.

Regards,
Ing. Jozef Sakalos
jsakalos@xxxxxxxxx

The config is:
XF86Config:
-------------------------------------
Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
  Option       "AlwaysCore" "on"
  Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
  Option       "Buttons" "7"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/psaux"
  Option       "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
EndSection
-------------------------------------

imwheelrc:
-------------------------------------
".*pdf$"
None,           Up,             Up
None,           Down,           Down
None,           Left,           Control_L|Left
None,           Right,          Control_L|Right
@Exclude

"Open File.*"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

"VIM[1-9]*$"
None,           Left,           Control_L|o
None,           Right,          Control_L|i
@Exclude

"Pixie$"
None,           Down,           Down
None,           Up,             Up
@Exclude

".*Konqueror$"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

".*Mozilla.*"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

".*"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

".*Netscape.*"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

".*Quanta$"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

"^.*Mozilla."
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

# KView
"^.KView"
None,           Left,           Page_Down
None,           Right,          Page_Up
@Exclude

".^KuickShow"
None,           Left,           Page_Down
None,           Right,          Page_Up
@Exclude

".*"
None,           Down,           Down
None,           Up,             Up
None,           Left,           Page_Up
None,           Right,          Page_Down
@Exclude

"()"
None,           Left,           Alt_L|Left
None,           Right,          Alt_L|Right
@Exclude

#@Priority=-1000
@Exclude
#@Repeat