Re: siliconmotion CSync output ?

in SMI_Save(), SR6C and SR6D (and SR68) are saved only if pSmi->Dualhead, why ? seems it should always be done ?

in SMI_WriteMode, those 2 are written twice, once everytime + once if pSmi->Dualhead

What's your take about CCR68 (SR68), also written only in dualhead mode... seems if SR6C/SR6D are to be active, SR68 has to be configured too.

bruno

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Alex Deucher wrote:

On 3/9/07, bruno schwander <xfree86-devel-20050520@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Alex Deucher wrote:

> The latest version of the siliconmotion driver in xorg git head should
> have the lockup fix you need.  The problem is the engine doesn't need
> to be synced until it has been started.  I've also added dualhead
> support.  I haven't yet pushed the pll fix, that's still in my local
> tree at home along with some other stuff I'm working on.  I can send
> you a patch later if you want.

that would be awesome, yes ! so far what I added (enabling in CCR68
vclock scaled from CCR6C and CCR6D) crashes my pc... I used
SMI_CommonCalcClock() but I get wrong values back for the register values.
I am certainly not calling it right.

I just put my local tree up here:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/agd5f/xf86-video-siliconmotion.git;a=summary
The relevant commit is a328d4378c28b788acf320bee9fbdfd129e0923d

I haven't tested any of this new code yet, so YMMV.  I haven't had
time this week and I need to rebuild my laptop with the smi chip, but
I hope to do that this weekend, at which point I should be able to
sort out any bugs.  Let me know if you haven any questions.

Alex

bruno