Re: Two trivial problems

Do you people actually follow threads? This is exactly the sort of thing that throws newbies. Let's get all unfriendly-like because we didnt read what someone wrote. In reference to the below lines, Mr./Mrs Scan- my message was a reply to a thread which asked a legitimate X related question, and I only clarifed the distrubution related differences of initial reply by Mr. Feeley. For while X operates pretty much the same on the distros I've used, the setup often differs. My rant here is that without reading all the replies, you end up givng bogus info to people. This sort of thing smells of asking someone with a map for directions, and them telling you to ask at the gas station. Please read all related posts in a thread before adding your two cents. Thank you.