radeon help

Hi,

I have looked over the archives for an answer to this,
but couldn't find one - sorry if I missed it.

I have a Radeon 7200 (PCI), and I have just installed
Redhat 7.3, which has XFree86 4.2 I believe.

During installation, the card is picked up, I can
identify it as a Radeon 7200, and the x config tests
at the end of the installation all work.

However, when I boot if for real, and I start x, I get
garabaged graphics, and it looks like the system froze
(ctrl alt backspace dosen't do anything).

When I run Xconfigurator it recongizes the card, but
says it can't probe it for its memory, and all I can
do is 8 bit 640x480.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Ben

P.S. - the card has never worked on linux before, I
was just waiting to get RH 7.3 on before I bothered
anyone with it.  I used to dual boot with win98, and
the card worked fine there (with games and all that).