Laptop woes

Hello everyone.

I just got a new HP Pavilion ze1250 laptop.  Red Hat V7.3 installed very
well on it.  XFree86 seems to work using the vesa graphics modes.  There is
one problem.  There is a button that is used to turn the touch mouse off.
Before I start X or switch to init level 3, this button works perfectly.
After I start X it is not recognized.  If I start X with the mouse off,
neither the keyboard or the mouse work.  I can still do telnet and reboot
the computer.  I have tried it using fvwm, Gnome, and KDE, all with the same
results.  I am using the /dev/psaux device for the mouse.

I am guessing that there is a simple way to fix this.  I would also like to
the get the "EMail" and the "WWW" shortcut buttons working if possable.  If
anyone could please point me to a link or something, I would be grateful

TIA,
Charles Tilbury
Round Rock, TX