Re: radeon help

I have a Radeon 700 PCI and eventually found that the PCI versions of the
Radeon cards are not well supported but the AGP are.  You can get them to
work but currently I can only get 2D accelleration.  Any attempt to get 3D
causes a lock up.  The following are the important parts of my XF86Config.
You will most likely have to hand edit the file to set this up.

There will be other "Section"s but these are the ones I created or altered.
In the Modules section the important part is the commenting out of dri by
placing a '#" as the first non blank character on the line.

In the Device section the BusID line will most likely be differant on your
machine as this depends on the slot the oards in and other cards in the
machine.

In the Screen sction you will have to change the line that reads Monitor
"Monitor0" so that Monitor0 matches what ever the identifier line in the
Monitor section declares.

Good luck.  It took me about 2 weeks of reading and experimenting to get this
working as good as it is.  I've read a number of comments on the boards that
make me hope that I may soon be able to get 3D Accelleration working.  If
this happens I will probably post something here because the Radeon PCI
problem crops up on this list periodicaly.

Section "Module"
        SubSection  "extmod"
        #      option   "omit xfree86-dga"
        EndSubSection