Re: FreeBSD 4.6/XFree86-4.2.0

Actually you left quite a bit out..

When you setup X through /stand/sysinstall did it work when you attempted
to start it up?  I mean the details in what your problem exactly is are
vauge at best..

I'm running 4.6 with the current version of Xfree installed by the base
system and other than having to dig up poorly documented info on setting up
radeon cards under freebsd, I used the base system installer to get the
majority of X setup.

Its been said before to post your log when you have troubles..  the last
line of a logfile doesn't tell anyone much..  X fires up a whole series of
things and any number of things could be failing on startup.

sorry I bothered to attempt to help..  helps if the person understands what
someone is pointing out and why..

-r