Help With Xconfig

After trying about 20+ times I have finally got X to
work...oh wait, no, its only half there.  I don't know
what the problem is, I am completly knew to linux, and
X, if you could please help me out here are some
specifications I think you might need.
Monitor: Prinston EO70
Vid. Card: Diamond Stealth VRAM
Linux Version: Redhat 7

I couldn't figure out what the ram on the card is, but
no matter what I set it too, it would always only come
in half way, and be very big.  By half way I mean that
only the bottom half of X was visible, the top half
was completely dark.  I could access the menu etc. but
still only see up to the edge of the black.  Please
CC: a reply to my personal address Ganven@yahoo.com as
well as newbie@free86.org (if you feel necissary)
scince I signed up for the digest version, and would
like the help ASAP, and not tomorrow.  Thank you very
much.

Brandon