[Newbie]Xtremely frustrated Debian newbie

I have a Hercules Prophet 4500 working under XFree86 4.2 with OpenGL
working in a Redhat 7.3 machine at 1280x960 85hz (LG Flatron 795FT
Plus). Besides i'm a debian user so i know what your problems are. One
of the first thing i feel i have to say is that you mistaken the choice
of the distribution to begin with linux. Debian is a marvelous distro,
but your knoledge of linux have to be high enough to enjoy it.

The solution to this problem is a sequence that every linux user should
be used to. I don't know if you are new to this world or not.

What you first need is a self made kernel image working and loaded, with
DRM/DRI support, which you must have compiled from the normal kernel
source under /usr/src/linux.

Then you must download the latest .tar.gz package from www.PowerVR.com,
http://www.powervr.com/Drivers/Linux/powervr-2.00.20-234.tgz,for
example.

You must decompress and install it. The "make install" command will take
information from the source kernel from wich you have compiled the
kernel you are running, and use it to compile DRI kernel module for
powervr that will go to /lib/modules/2.4..... and other stuff for the
kyro card. It also will install the GL libreries and XFree libraries in
the correct place.

With the powervr driver it comes a XF86Config-4 sample configuration
file that would be useful.

If you need my XF86Config-4, ask for it and i will send it to you.

Bye.