OT wrong attitude? was Re: [Newbie]Can't get mouse to work in X

Geoff Wright wrote:

hi list,

after reading this and related posts, i will certainly post
back to the list my my results.

thanks for raising this point as i was concerned about
putting too much traffic back on the list. to several
folks, i have forwarded direct to the requestor with
ideas. i will now just reply back to the list as the
list has clearly indicated this is the community choice.

the below points are Very well made, a structured problem
report would be a great time/bandwidth saver for all.

perhaps an item in the faq that says, how do i report a
problem to the list? that item could have a cut/pastable
list of details to fill in in prep for posting to the list?

just an idea, thanks, jackc...