OT wrong attitude? was Re: [Newbie]Can't get mouse to work in X

I would have to agree, I hate that about lots of forums/message boards I
visit, people will be discussing a problem, with suggestions, and the person
with the problem goes and tries this and that, and then after the last
suggestion there's just nothing.. did the last suggestion work? Did the
person just give up? There's no way to tell, unless you want to go through
and try everything in the whole message thread, and then see if it fixes the
problem.  I do think as a community it should be understood that when you
get your problem fixed you should reply, and detail how you fixed it, so
that people with the same problem can see how to do it.