[Newbie]ATI Radeon 7000 VE QY - Sony CPD400 display issue.

> <opinion>
> I have considered the ATI brand as key Linux kernel developers/advocates
> think ATI Radeon is friendlier to open source developers than evil
> nVidia. I wish Radeon cards work the best with XFree86.
> </opinion>

But evil NVidia has far better Linux support - only thing is their drivers are closed source. So, unless you don't wanna hack around in the drivers, NVidia is the better choice. I hate to say that since I like ATI cards better tho ATI is hardly capable of coding proper Windoze drivers, let alone Linux and since I dislike NVidia's price policy.

For now: upgrade X to 4.2.0, the advice I give to all Radeon users. Previous version were a hassle due to many different chip revisions of Radeon boards.

Dex