[Newbie]MSI KT266 Pro2 + powered by ATI Radeon 7500 + XFree 4.2 => X shutdown = PC Crash (bip bip)

Hi there Yann,
Just to note, my problem was an extreme case particular to only me. Changing
the motherboard is the 'Last' thing you would want to do if at all. The
'Only' reason i did so was because of my radeon problems and various
other problems. The bad board is now running my Windoze machine...and
surprise surprise...Windows is crashing even more frequently then before...never
thought that was possible ;)

If it runs fine in Windows 9x then I would look elsewhere.
Looking at your problem again...
if your X generally works fine with your hand written then I would keep
using it. :)
As for your Sax2 problem I have no idea.
As for your 'shutting down x causes crash' problem... If you try shutting
down your system without X, what happens? Never encountered that before.

Anyone have any ideas?