[Newbie]MSI KT266 Pro2 + powered by ATI Radeon 7500 + XFree 4.2 => X shutdown = PC Crash (bip bip)

Le Mercredi 17 Avril 2002 18:00, ofeeley@yahoo.com a écrit :
> My problem is that DRI is anabled according to glxinfo and there is a
> wonderfully high fps according to glxgears and Tuxracer will run.....and
> then freeze.  The soundtrack repeats one note again and again and again.

for me DRI works OK glxgears gives me 1260 fps !
but TuxRacer works well, no freeze

> > I think it's caused by ACPI functions in the bios but I could'n't find
> > any satisfaying bios settings.
>
> Why do you think it's ACPI?  I'm not offering an opinion here, just
> wondering if you have some diagnostic lead that I should investigate.
If I disable ACPI functions after lilo prompt, if I choose Linux my PC
freezes during boot (but no "bip" at this time, just no life on the screen)

> I'll let you know if I have any luck.
hope we can find a solution to our problems

Yann