[Newbie]Linux Graphical Installer that works with Digital LCD Panel

> Judd Volino wrote:
>
> I would like to evaluate some different Linux distributions, but am
> having difficulty getting my digitally connected (DVI-D) LCD display
> to work during setup with the first I am trying (Redmond
> Linux/Lycoris).
>
> My problem comes during the second phase of installation -- the
> bootstrap part of setup displays fine (even though it's graphical) but
> when it tries to start the main part of install, my LCD isn't getting
> a proper signal.
>
> I think the conundrum is that the installer doesn't give me the
> opportunity to specify that I don't have an analog monitor.
>
> Can anyone recommend a distribution that's easy enough for a newbie,
> but that will install correctly with a digital display?  (I have an
> AGP-interface Elsa Gladiac 511 -- nvidia GeForce2MX based -- connected
> to a Princeton Graphics DPP560 1024x768 monitor)
>
> Also, if I do have to get into "modelines" and such, is there any
> alternative to this source I found:
> http://www.hoagy.org/hacks/lcdx11.html  (i.e. something more like an
> autoconfigure).
>
> Thanks,
> Judd Volino

I´ve had simular problems with Suse 7.1. Solution was to download driver
from Nvidia Page and install them in Console Mode.
Also the XFree86 Config file has be modified in case that you're using
the "nvdriver", you'll find instruction in the README.

Regards

Detlef