[Newbie]ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon TV Out

Lemme shed some light on this:
point is that the VIVO stuff, whether via composite or TV tuner, is done on Radeon/Rage boards by an external chip, the Rage Theater.
If ATI gave out open source drivers with full VIVO functionality (which means they would have to include propor Macrovision support, too, in order not to piss off RIAA and similar jokers) it would lay open the RT internals. Which they don't want to.
Under this aspect I think it's a little hypocratic to claim they'd supporting the XFree team.
But afaik GATOS drivers should enable TV out.