Re: Planned changes for bugzilla.kernel.org to reduce the "Bugzilla blues"

Hi Artem,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 11:54 PM Artem S. Tashkinov <aros@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's easy to join an existing bug report. Tell me how can I join an
> existing email thread without being first subscribed to it? I certainly
> can, absolute most people will not be able to.

lore.kernel.org

> What about sending large dump files? Should everyone on the mailing list
> receive it?

post a link

> A bug report is a simple plain list of messages in a single place which
> could be read with a web browser. An email thread is anything but.

lore.kernel.org

> Searching through many emails at once? Good luck with that.

lore.kernel.org

> Replying to a particular email? Good luck with that.

lore.kernel.org

> It looks like you're under the impression that every Linux user who is
> willing to ever use Linux must:
>
> 1) Subscribe to _all_ the existing mailing lists (just in case - what if
> you need to work on something which was started by someone else)

lore.kernel.org

> 2) Know the email etiquette

Just Be Polite

> 3) Learn to be persistent and resend (an unknown number of times) your
> concerns hoping they will eventually be addressed.
>
> Bugzilla: sign up once. Follow up. If you file a dupe, hopefully it will
> be marked as a dupe. Everyone's happy. No particular skills, email
> clients, formatting, referencing, etc. etc. etc.

Having at last the skill to provide a good rebug port would be nice...

Now, back to work. The merge window has opened, so there will be
bugs to report and/or fix...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds